Full Guide about Germany Airport Transit Visa
Germany is at the heart of Europe and therefore a much frequented transit state. A visa is not needed by the great majority of tourists through airports that are German in transit.
Following Nationals require airport Transit Visas for Germany:
Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Ghana, India, Iran Jordan, Lebanon, Mali, Nigeria Somalia Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Syria, Pakistan, Turkey.
People of all these countries Do NOT need airport transit visa if:
- They have a valid visa for your UK, Ireland, Japan, Canada, USA, Romania, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Lichtenstein
- They’re someone (married, common-law or same-sex) or child of an EU/EEA/EFTA national and maintain a British “Residence Card of the Family Member of an EEA National”
- In the cases of Diplomatic Passports
Have a valid visa for a Member Condition of the EU, Canada, Japan or the United States of America, or when they return from these nations after having used the visa.
Bear in mind that with an airport transportation visa you’re banned to stay overnight or abandon at the airport. You are granted just a short stay inside the global transit area. Please examine along with travel agency or your airline.
Without a visa you can stay at the International Transportation Region in these five airports in Germany:
Airport transit freedom does not implement within the subsequent instances and you’ll want to get a visitor visa if:
- You have to pick your baggage up or need to check-in again
- You’re transiting through several airports within the Schengen Countries
- You have an open entry
- Your stay in the international transportation location over 12 hours
To apply for a Transit Germany visa you will require the following documents:
- Complete application form (in Language or German only) & terms properly signed
- 2 passport photos (you’ll find rigorous needs, observe our site about photography requirements to find out more)
- Valid passport (see this site for passport specifications)
- 1 copy of the passport’s knowledge site (A4 size content)
- Established air travel ticket to final spot and one copy
- Content of the valid visa / home permit to your final destination, if applicable
- Your certificate or electricity statement within your title as proof of property inside the consular where you want to utilize
Pay for the visa and you will also need to send photocopies of most these docs.